THE BEST EVER SUPER MOIST GLUTEN FREE BANANA BREAD
So the past few weeks have been all about cookies. Plus, tomorrow I and over 500 food bloggers will be sharing cookie swap recipes; be sure to keep an eye out for that!
But back to the holiday at hand… I wanted to make a classic holiday bread but with a unique spin, something interesting and out-of-the-box to contribute to such a special occasion. I’m a sucker for banana bread so I couldn’t resist making it. I decided to make a gluten free version of my favorite banana bread recipe. Lately a few of my family members have switched over to a gluten free diet so it’s been kind of hard adjusting.
At first I didn’t know if I had to replace every ingredient when baking for them but I’ve found a much easier way to make my own recipes. All you do is use Bob’s Red Mill Wheat free, Gluten free, Dairy Free, 1 to 1 baking flour. I love it because you basically replace all purpose flour with Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour. Simply follow your favorite baking recipe, replacing the wheat flour with this extraordinary blend. It is perfectly formulated for baked goods with terrific taste and texture – no additional specialty ingredients or custom recipes required so you can turn any recipe into a gluten free recipe with ease!
Now back to this super moist banana bread–I also tossed in some chocolate chips to jazz things up. After, what’s better than bananas and chocolate chips? When baking with bananas always go for ripe bananas because the sugar content in them is more concentrated they are ripe. I only used 1/2 a cup of sugar because the bananas are naturally sweet. Now how moist is this bread!
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
• 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour
• 4-5 very ripe bananas mashed (1 1/2 cups)
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup butter 1 stick, softened
• 2 eggs
• 2 tablespoons milk
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2-1 cup chocolate chips I used 1 cup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, set aside. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Stir in eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture and chocolate chips into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for at least minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. Slice and serve warm!
uper Moist Gluten-free Banana Bread
This Super Moist Gluten-free Banana Bread is loaded with overripe bananas, Greek yogurt, and coconut oil. It’s moist, fluffy, light, and super flavorful.
You may think “Oh God, here she comes with one more banana bread to share. Isn’t that enough already with all the billions of banana bread recipes around the web?”. But what I have to say in my defense is; this recipe is not just another banana bread recipe. This is THE BEST gluten-free banana bread you’ll ever try and for this reason, I couldn’t wait one more day to share this recipe with you. I decided I won’t keep this incredible, super moist gluten-free banana bread out of your life anymore! I’m sure if you give this recipe a try it will become your favorite recipe of all the time. No kidding!! I know sounds like I am exaggerating but I promise you I am not.
You must be wondering why I’m so excited about this gluten-free banana bread. It’s because this is the moistest, melt-in-your-mouth banana bread I’ve ever tried before. Thanks to the overripe bananas, Greek yogurt, and melted coconut oil (this recipe doesn’t call for butter). It’s crispy on the outside but light and fluffy on the inside. It is sweetened with only half a cup of brown sugar. I don’t love an overly sweetened banana bread and this bread has just the perfect amount of sweetness. But if you like it sweeter, just add 3/4 cup of sugar instead of 1/2 cup.
Believe me, this gluten-free banana bread is what your body craves when the days are getting a little cold. It’s totally a cold weather comfort food for me. It is now my new go-to recipe for banana bread since it’s healthier than the classic banana bread, moist, and a chocolate-studded treat. Now we can enjoy banana bread without feeling guilty!!! Also, this bread will come out so flavorful and will make your whole house smell amazing.
Make this recipe today. You need a slice of this right now and your family will love it. So, let’s jump to the recipe immediately, before you live one more day without this super moist gluten-free banana bread in your life. Enjoy
• 3 overripe bananas (it’s about 1 cup)
• 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
• 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
• 1/2 cup brown or raw sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 1/3 cups gluten-free flour (if you don’t want to make this bread gluten-free you can if all-propose flour too)
• 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a bread pan with non-stick spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, Greek yogurt, egg, vanilla, melted coconut oil, and brown sugar until evenly combined.
3. In another bowl, add all of the dry ingredients and stir well.
4. Mix the wet and dry together until combined.
5. Add the chocolate chips and fold them into the batter.
6. Pour the batter into the bread pan. Add extra chocolate chips on the top of the batter if you desire.
7. Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
And if you like this Super Moist Gluten-free Banana Bread recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.