chicken and broccoli alfredo
Alfredo sauce is certainly not one of those “clean-eating” New Years type dish, but with all this broccoli, it all balances out, right?
I should also mention that this is certainly not one of those heavy alfredo sauces either – it’s a light sauce with a thin coating because that’s really all you need here.
There’s just no need to add in those extra calories, especially when it’s only the first week of January
• 8 ounces rotini pasta
• 12 ounces broccoli florets
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup chicken broth
• 3/4 cup milk, or more, as needed
• 1/4 cup heavy cream
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Within the last 2 minutes of cooking time, add broccoli; drain well.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
3. Melt butter in the skillet over medium heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and garlic powder until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
4. Stir in Parmesan until well combined, about 1 minute. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed.
5. Stir in pasta, broccoli and chicken. Gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Leftover chicken transforms itself into a stylish dinner entree with the addition of a quick-fix Alfredo sauce and some bright green broccol… MORE+
By Christy Denney
Fettuccine or other favorite pasta, cooked according to package directions
to 2 cups fresh chopped broccoli, cooked and hot
cup (1 stick) butter
teaspoon (1 clove) minced garlic
cups heavy cream
teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon ground black pepper
cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
to 3 cooked chicken breasts, diced
Cook fettuccine according to package directions adding broccoli last 3 minutes, drain. Set aside.
Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic with the butter. Add cream, garlic powder, and pepper.
Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently. Trust me, it will thicken. When sauce has reached desired consistency, stir in Parmesan cheese.
Add cooked chicken to Alfredo sauce and heat through. Serve over hot, cooked fettuccine and broccoli.
THREE CHEESE CHICKEN BROCCOLI ALFREDO
Delicious homemade three cheese alfredo gets tossed with pasta, broccoli and chicken. It is quick and easy and out of this world good! It will become an instant favorite!
With school back in session and activities and homework it gets tricky to cook for the family each night. I totally get that. Life is so busy and isn’t going to slow down anytime soon. So isn’t it awesome when you find a delicious meal that is on the dinner table within 30 minutes? This is one of those meals and you need to make it tonight. Trust me.
Because I cook so much and our family loves anything alfredo, I have been able to perfect the sauce. I am telling you. This is restaurant quality sauce that is full of flavor and you can make it right at home. The alfredo sauce is literally the best part of this meal. It is hard to find a good alfredo sauce in the jar… ( yuck!) But this alfredo sauce has been perfected and you won’t ever want to make it any other way!
So how could I make this alfredo sauce even better? Is that even possible?? Yes it was. Add more cheese.
Oh my goodness. The cheese in the sauce. I wish I could have had a video of adding the pasta to this three cheese alfredo. It was so melty and gooey and just coated the pasta, chicken, and broccoli so well. I couldn’t wait to eat it!
I can guarantee this will be one of the best meals that you make. And if you love alfredo like we do then you will make it again and again!
• 1 pound penne pasta noodles, or pasta of choice
• 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
• 2 cups of broccoli, steamed
• Three Cheese Alfredo Sauce:
• ½ cup butter
• 1 pint heavy whipping cream (2 cups)
• 4 ounces cream cheese
• ½ teaspoon minced garlic
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
• 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1 cup mozzarella cheese
• optional- shredded parmesan cheese for garnish
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
2. While the pasta is cooking, make the three cheese alfredo sauce. In a large skillet add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted. Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth. Add the grated parmesan cheese. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Add mozzarella cheese and stir until melted.
3. Add the pasta to the skillet and toss to coat. Add cooked chicken and broccoli. Toss to coat and serve immediately. Garnish with shredded parmesan cheese if desired.
4. *when I am short on time I buy frozen broccoli and steam it in the microwave, and pre cooked chicken from the store and this delicious meal comes together in 15 minutes! I also half the recipe and freeze the other half in a casserole dish and top with extra cheese and bake it for another night.