8 Healthy Herbs that Will Help Your Weight Loss Diet
These herbs are a great complement for our diet when it comes to accelerating our metabolism or reducing the accumulation of liquids in order to help with weight loss.
In order to lose weight healthily, you have to keep in a few things in mind. Believe it or not, there are some natural supplements, such as healthy herbs, that can actually help to improve the activity of your metabolism.This will help your bodies to burn fat easier.
We’re not promoting a miracle weight loss method. However, we do recommend using these ingredients that will work as allies during the process.
Among them you will find various medicinal herbs that can be taken every day in order to cleanse the body, control hunger and promote calorie expenditure.
They’re very easy to find. Plus, they’re very useful for preventing and treating various illnesses that could harm your health.
As we continue, we will share 8 great options that you shouldn’t hesitate to try.
Juniper has detoxifiers and antioxidants that help to eliminate toxins from the body. However, they don’t interfere with metabolic activity.
Its anti-inflammatory components help to regulate digestion. This is important for preventing slow intestinal transit.
• Prepare it as a tea and drink twice a day.
2. Horse tail
Rich in vitamins, minerals and diuretic components, horse tail is a popular herb that can help with weight loss.
It’s characterized by its ability to promote the elimination of liquids and toxins from the body. These can cause inflammation and slow metabolism.
• You can take it as a tea, 2 or 3 times a day.
• If you would like, you can add a little lemon juice and honey.
Next, verbena is known for being a natural purifier. That makes it ideal for removing unnecessary waste from the body.
In addition, it has components with digestive properties that improve intestinal movement. Plus, it calms abdominal inflammation.
• Make a tea with this herb and drink twice a day.
Rosemary is a popular plant that has gained recognition for its multiple culinary, cosmetic and medicinal uses.
For a long time, it has been known as a great ally for weight loss. This is not only because it helps to get rid of waste from the body. In addition, it optimizes the digestive process.
• You can use it as a condiment for your foods, or you can make it into a tea.
• If you choose the latter, drink it up to twice a day.
Artichokes were made popular because of their purifying and antioxidant properties. Overall, these make it ideal for stimulating weight loss in a healthy way.
Artichokes are rich in diuretic fiber, vitamins and minerals. They’re plants that support digestion, make you feel full longer and help to eliminate retained liquids.
• You can eat them raw or add it to your recipes.
• For weight loss, it’s recommended that you prepare it in water and then drink it 2 or 3 times a day.
The weight loss properties of birch come from its lipid-lowering and cholesterol-lowering properties. These can help to reduce and break down lipid substances.
Its anti-inflammatory substances re-establish the correct function of the lymphatic system. Thanks to this, it also helps to eliminate dangerous toxins.
It also should be mentioned that it helps to stimulate the production of bile. This is a key substance for the digestion of fats.
• Its dry leaves can be made into a tea. Drink it twice a day.
• You can also find a liquid extract of it that can be added to your teas, fruit juices or water.
7. Green tea
Without a doubt, green tea is one of the most beneficial herbs when it comes to weight loss.
It’s rich in antioxidants like catechins. Thus, it’s a metabolic and lymphatic system stimulant that promotes the elimination of waste and fats.
You can drink it often as a complement for controlling high cholesteroland cardiovascular issues that often come with being overweight.
However, it’s also a purifier, anti-inflammatory and diuretic drink.
• Prepare as a tea and drink 2 cups a day.
• If you would like, it can also be taken as tablets or as an extract. Be sure to follow the recommendations for use.
Mint has digestive and anti-inflammatory properties that can help to improve the body’s processes when it comes to weight loss.
Although it’s not a fat burner, you can include it in your diet to eliminate toxins and liquids.
• Prepare it as a tea and drink it up to three times a day.
• Add it to your smoothies, juices or lemonades
Do you find yourself fighting against weight gain? If you’re doing everything possible to get back to a healthy weight, try choosing one of these herbs and use it to help your healthy diet plan.
Remember that none of them can work on their own. That’s why it is very important that you watch your diet and carry out an exercise routine.
Losing weight and maintaining it is a day-to-day struggle. There’s no magic pill that can help you shed all the pounds but some natural herbs can definitely support your goals and accelerate the process of weight loss. It goes without saying that you can’t do without a good workout regime and a healthy and balanced diet but these herbs can give you an extra boost.
1. Garlic: Love it or hate it, but you can’t ignore it. Garlic helps in burning body fat faster. A lot of people suggest that you should consume two to three cloves of garlic every morning on an empty stomach along with a glass of warm lemon water to improve your blood circulation and boost the process of weight loss.
(Also read: How to Make Garlic Oil for Home Remedies)
2. Dandelion: The roots and leaves of dandelion are dried and used to make dandelion tea, and can benefit your health in many ways. Dandelion tea is diuretic and helps to flush out extra water from the body. This helps in reducing water weight and eases bloating.
3. Ginseng: Macrobiotic Nutritionist Shilpa Arora suggests that ginseng can help in improving your energy levels and boosting your metabolic rate which supports weight loss. The ginseng root can be used fresh or dried. You can simply chew it or stew it in hot water to make a tea or soup.
4. Gurmar: Shilpa also suggests the use of the Gurmar herb, an Ayurvedic wonderwhich helps in suppressing your appetite. The fresh leaves can be chewed and are known to slow down the absorption of sugar into the blood stream and also the conversion of sugar into fat. Therefore, it also helps in reducing sugar cravings.
5. Peppermint: The strong aroma of this popular culinary herb is known to control appetite and suppress cravings. It helps in supporting good digestion and thus, keeps your metabolic rate on track. You can sip on a cup of herbal tea made with 1 teaspoon dried mint leaves or 2 teaspoons fresh mint leaves boiled in 3/4 cup of water for 5 minutes.
6. Oregano: Turns out that oregano may be more useful than just adding flavour to your pizza slice. Fresh oregano herb contains an active component called carvacrol that is known to dissolve fat. It also aids digestion and reduces bloating. You must add it towards the end of the cooking process to retain its essential oils.
7. Coriander: Drinking coriander juice is known to help with weight loss. It helps in boosting your metabolism and thereby, burning more calories which plays a crucial role in weight loss. Add some lime juice to your drink to make it tastier and more effective. It is best to have it on an empty stomach every morning to flush out the toxins, purify your blood and aid digestion.
(Also read: Coriander or Cilantro – Benefits for Skin and Health)
8. Guggul: Another Ayurvedic herb, guggul is derived from the flowering mukul myrrh tree. It helps in the utilisation of fat as fuel to provide energy. A study conducted by the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center shows that it may support weight loss by affecting your thyroid to boost your metabolism and other functions. The herb is dried and powdered which can be then used with a glass of water or milk or a teaspoon of honey.
Weight loss is a combination of optimum physical activity, healthy diet, good digestion, fast metabolic rate and a lot of other factors. The herbs can help in boosting such functions and make you lose weight faster.