Diabetes is a group of metabolic diseases that cause high blood sugar levels. This may happen due to inadequate production of insulin by the pancreas or when the cells of the body do not respond to the insulin produced.
Type-1 diabetes is a situation where one’s body is unable to produce insulin. It usually develops in childhood or adolescence, but it may occur at any age.
The other is a condition in which the cells in the body fail to respond to the insulin produced. This is called type-2 diabetes and about 90% of all cases of diabetes worldwide are of this type. Other than these two types, there is also a third kind, gestational diabetes, which affects females during pregnancy.
You Want Really Control Your Sugar Levels by Using Natural Remedies and Smoothies At Home and Low Price, here are the best 7 natural remedies to control diabetes
- Drink Copper Water: It is believed that copper has many health benefits and one of them is to keep diabetes in control. Drinking copper treated water every day can help in controlling the symptoms. Put one cup of water in a copper vessel at night and drink the water next morning. When water is stored overnight in pure copper utensils, tiny copper particles leach into the water making it copper charged.
- Maintain Healthy Diet: It is imperative to control your carb intake. Since carbs are broken down into glucose that results in raising our blood sugar levels. Therefore, reducing carb intake can help with blood sugar control. Moreover, consuming an adequate amount of fibre-rich foods can help control our blood sugar. Adding more of soluble dietary fibre to our diet is the most effective. Eat more fresh vegetables and bitter herbs.
- Drink Sufficient Water: A lot of studies say that drinking water helps control the blood sugar levels. Moreover, enough water intake will prevent dehydration and support kidneys to flush out the toxins through urine. Regular intake of water re-hydrates the blood, which lowers your blood sugar levels and further reduces the risk of having diabetes. However, opt for water and drinks that are calorie-free.
- Manage Stress Levels: Stress has never done any good to anyone. It can only worsen the situation. Moreover, if you are diabetic, it may affect your blood sugar levels. When we are under stress, hormones like glucagon and cortisol are secreted, which, in return, spike up our blood sugar levels. Experts suggest the best way to manage stress is to exercise or meditate regularly. By doing this, you may see some significant changes in your mental and physical health, ultimately controlling your diabetes.
- Have A Sound Sleep: It is very important to have at least 8 hours of sleep. It promotes good mental as well as physical health. If your sleeping habits are not proper, then it may affect your blood sugar levels and insulin sensitivity, which is a root cause of weight gain. Maintaining good sleeping habit will help maintain blood sugar levels and manage a healthy weight.
- Garlic: Garlic also helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels in diabetic people, thanks to its anti-diabetic and hypolipidemic properties. It contains sulfur compounds that protect against oxidative damage and even high cholesterol.
According to a 2011 study published in the Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, garlic supplementation with standard anti-diabetic agent provides better blood sugar control in Type 2 diabetics. A 2014 study published in the Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders suggests that garlic can help treat diabetes and related cardiovascular diseases.Eat 2 or 3 raw garlic cloves daily on an empty stomach.Also, include garlic in your cooking or take a supplement after consulting a doctor.
- Bitter Melon (Karela): The fruit contains at least three active substances with anti-diabetic properties, including charantin , vicine and an insulin-like compound known as polypeptide-p. Either these substances work individually or together to help reduce blood sugar levels.Bitter melon also contains a lectin that reduces blood glucose concentrations by acting on peripheral tissues and suppressing appetite – similar to the effects of insulin in the brain.This lectin is thought to be a major factor behind the hypoglycemic effect that develops after eating bitter melon.Karela is rich in vitamins a, b1, b2, c, iron and its regular use prevents complication associated with diabetics such as eye complications, neuritis and defective metabolism of carbohydrates.