When the white of the eye turns to red or pink, you tend to suffer from ocular conjunctivitis infection, commonly known as keratitis. Conjunctivitis or Pink Eye infection are due to inflammation of the conjunctiva. It is a transparent membrane that covers the outermost layer of the eye and the inner surface of the eyelids.
The worst thing is it’s a very contagious infection. Usually caused by a virus or bacteria or allergy, the infection lasts more than 2-3 days if treated properly.
Although everyone can catch pink eyes, however, preschoolers, school kids, students, workers, and people who are still surrounded by huge crowds are at a higher risk in because of their proximity to others around.
The usual symptoms of conjunctivitis include the dilated ocular blood vessel by changing the color of the eye to reddish pink; green or yellow discharge, nasal discharge, swelling of the eyelids and pain in the eye.
Tea can do wonders on eye infections. For quick relief from infection and swelling, use the cure to cure pink eye tea.
Here is a Natural Remedy for Pink Eye:
- Make a cup of tea using a teabag with black tea in it. To find organic tea from my affiliate partner.
- Allow the teabag to steep a few minutes in the hot water.
- Remove the teabag from the cup of water but do not squeeze.
- Allow the teabag to cool so that it is still warm but not so hot that it will burn. Remember, the eye area is sensitive so have the teabag very warm but not hot.
- Place the teabag on the affected eye and leave for at least 5 min. – I have the child lie down on the sofa with eyes closed and a hand-towel draped around their neck and face so the excess tea does not drip on their clothes or the sofa. If the child tolerates this well, I let them lie with the teabag on the eye (or eyes) for as long as possible – usually 15 – 20 min. Periodically, I will gently squeeze the teabag so the tea puddles on the closed eyelid. It is fine to let the tea get into the eye and it will actually aid in the healing.
- Repeat 3 – 4 times per day until the eye clears up – usually within 1 day there is remarkable improvement.
The tea helps to clean the goop out of the eyes and also soothes the swelling and irritation by drawing out the infection.