Your home should be your sanctuary, a place for you to retreat from the world and feel at ease.
Your home is really your ‘birthing place’, it is where you should feel grounded and centered in order for you to create, inspire and grow.
Often times however, the home may not feel this way. You may have a constant flow of visitors, noisy neighbours, disagreeable roommates, or a disruptive living condition that prevents you from feeling at ease.
Whatever the situation, you can always work on filling your home with an abundance of positive energy. This can help to-
- Boost creativity and inspiration
- Ease disagreeable roommates or family members
- Remove negative energy or entities
- Clear out stagnant or stuffy energy
- Make your home feel safe and secure
- Promote harmonious relationships
- Bring more grounding and positive energy to your day
In fact, filling your home with positive energy can really help you to raise your vibration and help you along your path of purpose.
According to the Chopra Center, “If you’re feeling stuck, negative, sluggish, or even downright depressed, it may be due to some stagnant energy in your field.”
And by field, they mean anything from your emotional, energetic, mental, spiritual or physical body to your environment, which, of course, includes your home, office, or any other space. As the studies show, being around negative energy can be extremely detrimental to your health—mental and physical. One way to remove this stagnant energy is by “smudging.” The art of smudging dates back to ancient times and includes burning sacred plants to clear and bless a space. The smoke that results from burning plants like tobacco, cedar, sweet grass, juniper, pine needles, cypress, lavender, frankincense,
One way to remove this stagnant energy is by “smudging.” The art of smudging dates back to ancient times and includes burning sacred plants to clear and bless a space. The smoke that results from burning plants like tobacco, cedar, sweet grass, juniper, pine needles, cypress, lavender, frankincense, rosemary, and sage, is shown to actually cleanse the air of impurities, including bacteria and viruses. You can “smudge” your space any time you feel like it needs to be cleared.
- Essential Oil Diffusers
Much like smudging, the heated oils release their cleansing properties into the air, clearing the space of negative energy, including any viruses and bacteria. Essential oils have been used for thousands of years to raise your vibrational frequency.
Oils that are known to help include:
- Peppermint—An effective astringent that can clear tension and negative energies. Also a great oil for relieving headaches.
- Frankincense—A Biblical oil known for purification of any negative influences.
- Myrrh—Another ancient oil good for purifying your environment. When combined with other oils, myrrh can increase their potency.
- Rose–One of the highest vibrational frequency oils.
- Cypress—Great for purifying and raising your vibration while grounding and protecting you and your home.
- Cedarwood—A wonderful oil to counter excessive negative energies.
- Basil—A sacred oil known worldwide for its protective properties.
- Juniper—Cleanses negative energies that can affect your health while transforming any negative emotions into positive ones.
- Lavender—Good for removing stubborn energies and for neutralize negative frequencies. A well-known calming agent.
- Sage—A popular oil for neutralizing existing negativity energy.
- Palo Santo—A potent oil that helps clear your home of negative energy while bringing good luck!
- Clear the Clutter
Clutter not only fills your home but it can fill your mind and your energy field. The act of removing unnecessary items will help remove any negative energy attached to these items as well as clear the overall energy of your home. There’s no better way to give your home more positive energy!
Decluttering can cleanse your home and your physical body. Start by getting rid of anything you haven’t used in the past six months. Go through your wardrobe and just ditch anything you don’t wear anymore. Resist the urge to tell yourself that you “might” wear it again. Releasing the bond to these items can be extremely freeing and can also release the cluttered energy attached to it. When clearing out the clutter it is important not to stress over it—stressing causes more negative energy! Just do a little once a week or what best fits your schedule
- Use Himalayan Salt Lamps
Himalayan salt lamps not only emit a soothing orange, red, pink or whitish glow, they also emit healing negative ions that create fresh, clean air. Himalayan salt is known to increase your energy levels, remove static electricity from the air, and neutralize any electromagnetic radiation and allergens. It also promote good sleep and improve your overall mood. These lamps are a great addition to any room and they can help boost positive energy.
- Play Soothing Music
The benefits of music are endless. Music has existed in one form or another since man could bang sticks and stones together. While it has evolved with technology, it has always been a cultural form of entertainment and has had a bounty of healing effects on the body. Music can also alter your vibration or that of the space it fills, which is why concerts and such events can be so energetic and memorable.
Numerous studies show that music can provide positive benefits for your heart, blood pressure, immune system, energy, learning and memory, sleep and even pain management. To fill your home with positive vibes, play music that is uplifting and brings you joy. Certain types of music are also shown to boost positive energy including classical, jazz, folk, orchestral, soul and opera.
- Get a Family Pet
Family pets can bring a lot of love and joy to a home. Just as they love us, they teach us how to love unconditionally and can raise your vibration and that of your home. Studies show they can keep us healthy in a variety of ways, both physically and emotionally.
- Add Plants and Fresh Flowers
Nature automatically uplifts and raises your vibration so bring it into your home whenever you can. Live plants and fresh flowers create a beautiful positive energy in any home.
The simple act of being in nature has been shown in studies to lift depression, improve your overall mental health and your general well-being.
A recent study by NASA scientists also found that having plants inside your home can help remove potentially harmful gases such as formaldehyde, Volatile Organic Compounds (benzene and trichloroethylene or TCE), airborne biological pollutants, carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxides, pesticides and disinfectants (phenols), as well as radon.
- Give your Rooms a Colorful Facelift
We all have a favorite color but did you know that studies show that certain colors have higher vibrations than others?
- Orange—Creates excitement and boosts your energy.
- Red—Red can raises the energy in a room drastically and it is known to increase adrenaline and circulation. Because of this, it can be far too stimulating for some spaces or even people as it can also invoke feelings of rage and hostility. It is definitely not a good choice for a bedroom where you want peace and tranquility.
- Green—Green is the easiest color for your eyes and it encourages a feeling of well-being, calm and growth.
- Yellow—This vibrant color is energizing and uplifting and creates joy (like being in the sunshine). It also stimulates happiness but like too much of a good thing, too much yellow can cause frustration and anger in some people.
- Blue—While blue can be calming, relaxing and serene like the ocean or water in general, it can also cause sadness in some people—the “blues.”
- Purple—Deep tones convey a sense of luxury, creativity and drama while lighter hues such as lavenders are more soothing.
- Keep Healing Crystals
People have been using crystals for healing and raising energy and vibrations levels for thousands of years. In fact, amulets made of amber date back 30,000 years. The Sumerians used crystals in potions for healing and the Egyptians used stones for protection and health. On the other hand, Greeks used numerous crystals for their healing and protective properties. Many of the names of various stones today come from Greek words.
For instance, the word ‘crystal’ comes from the Greek word for ice, since the ancient Greeks believed clear quartz was permanently frozen water. The Chinese are also widely known for their use of jade in medicine.
Here are some of the most popular crystals to help raise the vibration and positive energy of your home:
- Clear Quartz Crystal—High vibration master crystal that brings clarity to your mind and soul and it clears, protects and expands the auric field around you and the energy of your home.
- Smoky quartz—Removes negative energy.
- Rose quartz— Opens and heals heart energy.
- Turquoise—The master healer regarded for its protective and ‘lucky’ properties.
- Bloodstone—Energizes, boosts enthusiasm and emotional wellbeing.
- Carnelian—Attracts good fortune and encourages creativity and motivation.
- Celestite—Reduces stress and encourages happiness.
- Aventurine—Brings new opportunities.
- Amethyst—High vibration crystal that promotes higher consciousness, calmness, serenity, and healing.