Heart deadly foods
PF chang’s pan-fried noodles: a day’s worth of calories, 1 1/2 days’ worth of fat, and more than three days’ worth sodium
Extra butter popcorn: 7 times more trans-fat than recommended daily.
Cinnamon: contains nearly an entire day’s worth of fat
Kid’s lunch able: more sugar than a child should have in one day
Hostess pudding pie: tree-quarters of a child should have in one day
Biscuits & gravy: more than two-thirds of a days’ worth of sodium
Canned peaches: more than double the amount of sugar than a fresh peach
IHOP steak omelet: close to three-quarters of a day’s worth of calories
Jimmy Dean Breakfast: packed with refined carbs & saturated fat
Deep dish pizza: contains twice the amount of daily trans-fat.
Cheeseburger: equivalent of 4 dunking donuts sugar donuts
Stouffers pot pie: more saturated fat than you should eat in an entire day
BBQ ribs: packs two full days’ worth of saturated fat
Chicken tenders & fries: loaded with fat & sodium
Blimpie veggie sub: Contains more than half a days’ worth of calories and a cascade of carbs
Grape soda: about a days’ worth of sugar intake
Milk shake: More than 3 days’ worth of saturated fat.
Heart healthy foods
- Salmon: omega-3 in salmon helps prevent heart disease.
- Kidney beans: high in fiber and lowers cholesterol
- Almonds: protects artery walls from damage
- Oatmeal: lowers the rise in blood sugar after meals
- Flaxseed: prevents hardening of the arteries
- Walnuts: helps cholesterol, blood pressure & inflammation
- Broccoli: can lower cholesterol and help facilitate digestion
- Tuna: aids in the prevention of irregular heart rhythms
- Carrots: improves vision and helps prevent heart disease
- Blueberries: antioxidants/fiber helps prevent heart disease
- Brown rice: lowers cholesterol and risk of diabetes
- Spinach: helps brain function and improves blood pressure
- Sweet potato: helps reduce stress levels
- Asparagus: helps breakdown carcinogens & free radicals
- Cantaloupe: helps thin blood and prevents blood pressure
- Oranges: helps control heart rate and blood pressure
- Tomatoes: wards off inflammation and blood-clots.
- Dark chocolate: in moderation can lower blood pressure
- XANGO juice: breaks down carcinogens & free radicals.
- Almond milk: No cholesterol, which improves blood pressure